Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dreamland (Villanelle)


This is the land where I come to meet
someone who appears like god to me
someone who exists only in dreams.

The sand is soft and cool as beach;
The air smells of fresh lavender and peach;
This is the land where I come to meet.

The sun and stars concurrently shine;
Words on clouds direct me to the shrine
of someone who exists only in dreams.

As I run at high pace, black birds wish;
Fields of blue bells, beside me swish;
This is the land where I come to meet.

As I lunge inside, longingly she stands,
Like a pearl waiting for its only strand:
This someone who exits only in dreams.

As I rush to her, like mist she disappears,
And needles like rain from above appear...
This is the land I always go to meet
someone who exists only in dreams.

--Pradeep Dhavakumar

No comments: